Activities of the Institute in this field is used in the electric power industry, ferrous and non-ferrous industry, metal processing industry, coal production, processing industry, etc..
The program of activities includes the following main groups of projects:
- Design and the introduction system of preventive and planned maintenance of plant and equipment,
- Introduction system of maintenance according to the determined state,
- Technological design for workshop for the manufacture and repair of equipment and spare parts for maintenance,
- Performing a practical intervention in maintaining, using the skills and experience from other research sectore of LOLA Institute in maintenance of machinery, plants and equipment.
1. Designing, implementing and running system for preventive maintenance planning
The program includes the following areas of work (projects):
- The organizational structure of the maintenance functions,
- A system of labeling systems and devices,
- System identification of spare parts, materials, tools and equipment,
- System for planning and management of maintenance work,
- Technology of maintenance work,
- Security procedures when performing maintenance,
- System planning and management of spare parts, materials, tools and equipment,
- System planning and management of workshops for the production and repair of equipment and spare parts for maintenance,
- A system of technical documentation management,
- Planing and managing of maintenance costs.
Introduction and running in the system is performed on the spot - in the work organization by teamwork LOLA Institute researchers and experts of these organizations.
2. Introducing of maintenance system according to the technical condition
The main objective of this program is to rationalize the maintenance process - especially improving technology maintenance. Setting the concept of maintenance is carried out by applying the methods of monitoring:
- Visual monitoring of the plant,
- Monitoring noise and vibration
- Monitoring the thermal state of the facilities,
- Controling of the state of oil and lubricants
- Monitoring the insulation of electrical machines,
- Monitoring the mechanical stress conditions
- Detection of cracks and other damage of metal parts (magnetic flux, eddy current, ultrasonic, radiography, etc.).
Implementing system for maintenance according to the technical conditions include the following main activities
- Identification a list of facilities (machines) - so called "maintenance unit" whose maintenance is improved in this way,
- Determining the criticality with assigning priorities unit maintenance,
- Choice of physical parameters relevant for an unambiguous interpretation of the technical condition of the plant,
- Choice of procedures and methods for the monitoring of selected physical parameters of state,
- Selection of appropriate measuring and computing equipment,
- Designing and running in an appropriate information system for the maintenance of such an approach, which would be part of an integrated information system maintenance.
The program is carried out through team work of LOLA Institute experts and expert from client organization.
3. Making technological design of facilities for maintenance and production of spare parts and components
Technology and design of plant maintenance (according to the structure of the workshop papers, warehouses, facilities planning, and other maintenance personnel, clothing, etc.). LOLA Institute performed both for future and existing labor organizations.
Project task include the following basic elements:
- Identification of program objectives and tasks for facilities maintenance,
- Definition of process units in the plant maintenance,
- Design and selection of technological capacity of the maintenance units,
- Design of storage systems,
- Design of internal transport system
- Determining the required workforce for workshop facilities
- Development of Plan for plant maintenance, deployment and distribution process units, workshops and classes, stores, resources, equipment and jobs
- Defining and making specifications for designed technological and other assets, equipment and tools for the acquisition,
- Invoice - the necessary funds for the purchase of machinery, equipment, apparatus, equipment, tools, inventory, etc..,
- Technology - Mechanical background and data for the design:
- the architectural and construction of facilities for plant maintenance,
- of mechanical installations in operation,
- of electrical installations in operation.
4. Performing a practical intervention in maintaining using the skills and experience from other research lines LOLA Institute in maintenance of machinery, plants and equipment
LOLA Institute for external business partners is taking a series of practical interventions:
- Technical diagnostics of the exploitation condition of plant and equipment based on vibration testing,
- Dynamic balancing of rotating machines in their own bearings in one or more correction planes,
- Technical diagnostics of the exploitation condition at the plant based on determining the geometric accuracy of machine and operating system,
- Design and implementation of appropriate support mode of production equipment.